One Thing Lockets COVID 19 Safety Plan For Our Shop In The River Market, New Westminster, BC
High Touch Surfaces That Will Be Sanitized Every Day:
- Cash register/podium
- POS machine, tablet and charger
- Plexiglass sneezeguard at Cash register/podium
- Jewelry making tools
“Making” table, chairs, and jewelry making tools
(also sanitized after every use)
- Accordion shop gate
- Sink and faucet
- Light switch at front
We’re Preventing Spread Through Droplets By:
- Limiting the number of people allowed inside and outside the shop. Occupancy limits are posted. Limit inside: 1 party/family. Limit outside at jewelry tables: 1 party/family
- Making sure there is no 2-way foot traffic in our small space by enforcing occupancy limit of 1 party/family inside the shop
- Spacing out our waiting line so customers wait 2 meters apart from one another
- Using a plexiglass sneezeguard at our cash podium to protect customers and employees while at checkout
- Sanitizing the “Making Table” after every use
- Giving employees their own sanitized rubbermaid bins to keep their belongings in while at work
- Limiting the number of employees in our workshop space. Limit in workshop: 1 employee
- Asking customers to sanitize their hands before and after touching jewelry. Sanitizer and signage is provided at every jewelry table.
- Helping customers from afar and explaining our product with the use of a close up video instead of a close up demonstration
- Asking customers at our “Making Table” to sanitize their hands before and after making jewelry. Sanitizer is provided at the table. We will help customers from a 2 meter distance. After customers have made their pieces, we will put the finishing touches on the pieces after the customer has left the table.
- Quarantining any jewelry tried on for 3 days, in separate ziploc bags
Hours and Employee Shift Changes To Limit Chances Of Transmission:
- There will always be only 1 employee (no more) working at a time in the shop. If more than 1 employee is present, the second employee must be in the workshop space at the back so as to keep 2 meters distance between employees and to limit touching the same surfaces as the first employee.
- Shop hours will be reduced to 6 hours per day, 5 days a week to reduce chances of spread. Hours: 11am-5pm, Wednesday - Sunday.
- There will be no employee visitors in the workplace to help reduce transmission
Workplace Illness Policy
If any employee, including the owner, is feeling ill at any time, he/she will stay home and monitor symptoms. If symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache, the employee will stay home and self-isolate for 14 days at minimum until symptoms clear or Covid19 tests are negative.
Any employee that has tested positive for Covid19 will inform the employer and River Market staff as well in case contact tracing is necessary.
If any employee falls ill at work, the employee will go home immediately to self-isolate and will inform the River Market staff and the employer.
If an employee is ill or falls ill at the workplace, all the high touch and low touch surfaces will be deeply sanitized and the store will not open until it is done.
If employees have been travelling, they will need to self-isolate for 14 days at home before returning to work.
Customer Service Policy - Violence Prevention
We recognize that with any change, there might be push back or resistance. At times, this resistance can result in customer aggression. In order to prevent such aggression, we must strive to do the following things:
- Create signage that is informative, yet inviting
- Create a store layout that discourages more than 1 customer inside at a time, so to make it easier to enforce the occupancy limit without having to kick customers out
- Greet all customers and suggest places they can be in the store to enhance their experience, instead of restricting them from places they cannot go when the occupancy limit is reached
- Thank the customer for being patient during this time
- Offer pick up service or free shipping instead of shop browsing to limit customer stress